Sarah Ferguson checks her phone outside Venice airport after her ex-husband Prince Andrew and senior royals traveled to Balmoral following Buckingham Palace’s announcement that the Queen was “under medical supervision”.
- Sarah Ferguson was pictured checking her phone outside the airport
- Buckingham Palace announces the Queen is ‘under medical supervision’
- Fergie has remained close to the monarch since her split from Prince Andrew
Sarah Ferguson appeared taped to her phone outside Venice airport this afternoon after Buckingham Palace said the Queen was “under medical supervision”.
Fergie’s ex-husband Prince Andrew and his siblings have traveled to Balmoral, Scotland, where the 96-year-old Queen is currently staying, after the palace revealed doctors were worried about Her Majesty’s health.
After spending the last few days attending the 79th Venice International Film Festival, Fergie looked serious as she checked her phone following the announcement.
Sarah Ferguson, 62, was pictured checking her phone as she stood next to her suitcases outside Venice airport after it was revealed the Queen, her former mother-in-law, was “under medical supervision” at Balmoral
Fergie (pictured) has remained close to the Queen and her ex-husband Prince Andrew since their divorce in 1996
Fergie, who shares daughters Princess Eugenie, 32, and Princess Beatrice, 34, with Prince Andrew, remains close to her ex-husband, who she divorced in 1996.
She also speaks incredibly highly of the Queen, giving a glimpse of her admiration for the monarch in an interview on the Tea with Twiggy podcast last year.
The 62-year-old told the podcast: “I figure, honestly, my mother-in-law was more of a mother to me than my mother. [She’s] never falter.’
Fergie added, “I absolutely adore the incredible way Her Majesty is so modern … and how flexible and how understanding and how forgiving and how generous.”
Fergie shares two children, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, with Prince Andrew, the Queen’s second son
The Queen has suffered from mobility issues of late and was pictured holding a cane on Tuesday as she welcomed new Prime Minister Liz Truss to Balmoral to formally ask her to form a government
She added the monarch has been her “greatest mentor” and has continued to visit her even after Prince Andrew split.
Buckingham Palace today released a statement confirming the Queen was under medical supervision after doctors became concerned about her health.
The statement added Her Majesty was “comfortable” and would remain in Balmoral.
Following the announcement, Prince Charles and Camilla traveled to the Scottish Highlands estate, followed by Prince William.
The Queen’s younger children, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward, also traveled to Balmoral while Princess Anne was already there.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are visiting the UK this week, have pulled out of an appearance at the WellChild Awards in London tonight as the Duke of Sussex also travels to Balmoral.
The 96-year-old monarch, who celebrated 70 years on the throne at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations this year, suffered from mobility issues.
In recent appearances, she was pictured walking with a cane and, on Tuesday, with the mobility aid when new Prime Minister Liz Truss traveled to “kiss hands” – a process at which the monarch officially invites the country’s new leader to attend form a government.